A lovely hand-thrown apple baker made from black clay and glazed with a stunning ice-blue glaze that drips to pool into a tranclucent pink
- Fired to 1220°C making the clay very durable and less water absorbent
- Microwave, oven and dishwater safe
- Weight: 410g (Approx. 0.9 lbs.)
- Size: Approx. 14cm W x 5.5cm H (5.5in W x 2.16in H)
How to use:
- Preheat oven to 180°C (375°F)
- Core apple, leaving the apple intact, and place over the stem of the apple baker
- Add oatmeal in and around apple to about half way
- Pour milk, cream or plant-based milk so that it is about 1cm above the oatmeal (make sure to pour some inside the apple) ***
- Add brown sugar, honey or agave, nuts, and seeds (optional)
- Place in the oven and bake for about 20 min. Check done-ness by carefully sticking a knife or fork in the apple
- Carefully remove from oven with oven-mitts and place on a heat-resistant surface
- Add fresh berries (optional)
*** Not an optional step. Please make sure to always add some type of liquid. If you choose to just bake your apple without any additions you may add 2 Tbsp of water.
Can also be used as a trinket holder for rings, necklaces, bracelets, earrings, ect.
The last 3 photos are examples of it's use; NOT the item you are purchasing.
Never submerge hot ceramics in cold water. Please let them cool naturally before submerging in cold water.
While the clay has been vitrified (made less absorbent) unglazed portions can absorb water if left for long periods of time submerged. To reduce this risk, do not let it sit in a sink filled with water if you are not immediately going to wash it.
Please allow for slight variations in color due to lighting and differences in screen settings.