Beautiful hand thrown French butter pot in a lovely, dark green and yellow speckled glaze. Enjoy soft, room temperature butter whenever you like!
- Fired to 1200°C making the clay very durable and less water absorbent
- Microwave, oven and dishwater safe
- Weight: 531g (Approx. 1.17 lbs)
- Size: approx. 9.5cm W x 7.5cm H (3.74 in W x 2.95 in H)
- Butter bell:
- Size: approx. 7.5cm W x 4.5cm D (2.95 in W x 1.77 in D)
How to use:
- With a stick of butter from the fridge (it molds easier when cool) press it into the bell using the wrapper.
- Mold it into the bell until it is nicely packed against the walls, avoiding air bubbles.
- Add a small amount of water to the reservoir. Make sure it doesn't over flow but is high enough to touch the butter.
- If using unsalted butter, add a pinch of salt to the water.
- Leave at room temperature for up to a month.
- Change water every few days
- If the butter slides out of the bell, this is not an issue. Simply pat dry and pack it back into the bell with a spoon or spatula.
***The last 3 photos are examples of its use, NOT the item you are purchasing.
French Butter Pot - Malachite Obsidian
Never submerge hot ceramics in cold water. Please let them cool naturally before submerging in cold water.
While the clay has been vitrified (made less absorbent) unglazed portions can absorb water if left for long periods of time submerged. To reduce this risk, do not let it sit in a sink filled with water if you are not immediately going to wash it.
Please allow for slight variations in color due to lighting and differences in screen settings.