Beautiful hand thrown rice bowl with a lovely satin black glaze. While perfect for a personal serving of rice, it is also great for soups, salads, side dishes, snacks and more. Trimmed to have a smaller foot, typical of Japanese rice/soup bowls, it is easy to hold in the hand (ring and middle fingers under the foot ring and the thumb on top of the rim) while eating with chopsticks. This piece was created while I was in Japan, making it extra special!
- Fired to 1330°C making the clay very durable and less water absorbent
- Microwave, oven and dishwasher safe
- Weight: 253 g total (Approx. 0.56 lbs. total)
- Size: 13 cm W x 7 cm H (5.1 in W x 2.76 in H)
- Volume: Approx. 350 ml (11.8 oz )
Japanese Rice Bowl - Satin Black
Never submerge hot ceramics in cold water. Please let them cool naturally before submerging in cold water.
While the clay has been vetrified (made less absorbant) unglazed portions can absorb water if left for long periods of time submerged. To reduce this risk do not let it sit in a sink filled with water if you are not immediatly going to wash it.
Please allow for slight variations in colors due to lighting and differences in screen settings.