Beautiful hand thrown chawan 茶碗 (Japanese tea bowl) with a traditional Japanese Ofuke glaze rimmed with cobalt. This glaze creates pools in the bottom of the chawan and has a natural crackle effect; which is typical of this glaze. While perfect for your daily matcha, it is a great size for rice, soup and small side dishes. This piece was created while I was in Japan, making it extra special!
- Fired to 1330°C making the clay very durable and less water absorbent
- Microwave, oven and dishwasher safe
- Weight: 248 g total (Approx. 0.55 lbs. total)
- Size: 11.5 cm W x 7 cm H (4.5 in W x 2.75 in H)
- Volume: Approx. 400 ml (13.5 oz )
Ofuke Chawan - Japanese Tea Bowl
Never submerge hot ceramics in cold water. Please let them cool naturally before submerging in cold water.
While the clay has been vetrified (made less absorbant) unglazed portions can absorb water if left for long periods of time submerged. To reduce this risk do not let it sit in a sink filled with water if you are not immediatly going to wash it.
Please allow for slight variations in colors due to lighting and differences in screen settings.