Beautiful hand thrown sake set (shuki 酒器) (3 pcs) with a traditional Japanese Ofuke glaze with drops of cobalt and iron. This glaze creates pools in the bottom of the cups and allows the cobalt and iron to run. It has a natural crackle effect; which is typical of this glaze. Great for serving chilled, warmed or room temperature sake or your favorite liquor. This piece was created while I was in Japan, making it extra special!
- Fired to 1330°C making the clay very durable and less water absorbent
- Microwave, oven and dishwasherdishwater safe
- Flask: 275 g (Approx. 0.60 lbs. total)
- Cups: 40.5 ea (81 g total) (Approx. 0.09 lbs ea. (0.18 lbs. total))
- Flask: mouth 4.5 cm W; bulb 7.5cm W x 11 cm H (mouth 1.77 in; bulb 2.95 in W x 4.33 in H)
- Cups: 5.5 cm W x 4 cm H (2.17 in W x 1.57 in H)
- Volume: Approx.
- Flask: 200 ml (6.76 oz )
- Cups: 40 ml (1.35 oz )
Sake Set - Ofuke - 3 pcs
Never submerge hot ceramics in cold water. Please let them cool naturally before submerging in cold water.
While the clay has been vetrified (made less absorbant) unglazed portions can absorb water if left for long periods of time submerged. To reduce this risk do not let it sit in a sink filled with water if you are not immediatly going to wash it.
Please allow for slight variations in colors due to lighting and differences in screen settings.